Thursday, December 29, 2016

I Love Irish People. Dublin. And 25 Reasons To Be Thankful For 2016

   And soooo, in this post (last one in 2016) I just have to put together two things, not really connected to each other... You know there is this Ukrainian saying "cats go separately, meatballs go separately"... Well, ok, I shouldn't have translated that one, hahah :D If my best friend reads this by chance, she's gonna laugh like crazy. Other than her - nobody would get this,so I'm just skipping to the point.
   Few weeks ago I was in Dublin, but now it feels like ages ago! And in less than 2 days New Year is coming! How come it all happened so fast?!
   Anyways, I want to use chance to show a little bit of Dublin (shame on me - I already posted best pictures that I had on my instagram). But well, I'll try to find something interesting.
   Secondly, I must admit that I'm extremely bad at one thing. Well, probably not just in one, but this one is clearly the w-o-r-s-t. I'm completely not able to appreciate what i have. Every single thing is not enough for me! No matter what I have, what I  get, what comes to me as a result of either chance or hard work - is simply... not... enough! This is so annoying. I am soooo gonna get rid of this in next year, at least I promise I will try as hard as I can.
   To have something to start, I made up this list - it took me 20 minutes while I was taking bath today :) List of 25 things I must say "thank you" for. Thank you my life - for being so interesting, crazy, different etc. etc. etc....
   Here's my list. If You get a chance to read it - please please please make same list before the clock strikes 00:00 and all of us gonna run into the waves of 2017. By the way, my January will be soooo busy and I'm so excited! And now - the list :) And Dublin memories, fresh enough so I'm still under impression of Irish people. Irish people, I love you!!!

   1.  I'm healthy! This may sound very trivial, but it really matters to me now more than ever before, after my family has gone through hard times
   2. I live in a world where in 9 out of 10 cases, you get what you deserve 
   3. I can speak to my Mom & Dad every day, even though we annoy each other sometimes
   4. I'm independent (oh I ammmmm)
   5. I can do what I want (even quit work and go volunteering to Africa)
   6. I have a lot of friends around
   7. I became vegetarian, which is one of the best revolutions that ever happened to me
   8. I have attractive future in front of me and thousand of possibilities
   9. I can travel
   10. I have interesting work that sometimes sends me to very interesting places on earth (this year I spent 2 months in London and in 3 days I'm flying to Ireland, isn't it a reason to smile for a girl with Ukrainian passport haha).
   11. I know what is real love, and more than that - I know how to let this go when it has to
   12. I love my apartment and I enjoy spending time there
   13. I learned to love spending time on my own (it's amazing actually)
   14. I've never seen war
   15. My conscious is clear
   16. I'm fair with people and I can sleep in peace (almost always haha)
   17. I can buy what I want
   18. I met lots of new people during last year
   19. My parents support my decisions
   20. I learned to let go people, that don't want to be part of my life, easily and with no regrets
   21. I don't have hate to anybody
   22. I do not envy anybody
   23. I never know what to expect from life, which is so exciting and cool
   24. I still believe in can't-live-without-you love and little fairy tales
   25. I don't have to go to work tomorrow :)

   And now about Dublin. It's a pity I don't have time for a separate post, because Dublin definitely deserves it, but because this was a part of this year, I want to leave in 2016. So, what I think of it... It's pretty cool city! And Oscar Wilde studied there, which makes it even more attractive (because, for those who don't know - I'm a big fan of him)
   Dublin is not too big (as London or Paris), so life doesn't rush like crazy, if you know what I mean. But still a lot of things going on, I love these crowded streets, lights everywhere, and the Christmas spirit, which I had a chance to capture - was awesome. And talking about people - people are amazing everywhere in Ireland :) I wrote about this a lot in my Ukrainian article, but I must repeat myself again - the way people interact and their attitudes make all the atmosphere of the country. Like, even when your day sucks - you still can't be angry or anything, just because strangers make your day. Or was it me so lucky to meet exceptionally nice people everywhere? If so, than it's one more reason to be thankful to 2016 :)

   P.S. It actually doesn't matter what's the date on the calendar. But it's good to have in mind this idea of "new year, new beginnings etc.", just makes us feel in a different way. I mean if we want to start new life  - why not on 12th of August or any other day? :)

   P.P.S I hope you'll like the pictures, I was trying so hard, but apparently a lot to learn...

   P.P.P.S. Happy New Year!  Happy New Beginnings! It is going to be awesome adventure, because we will make it that way ;) 





















No comments:

Post a Comment