Tuesday, May 31, 2016

London Memories. To Be Continued

   I was about to write something different, but then I remembered I did not really have time and chance to post something interesting about London. Feels like ages ago, but it's been only three months since I came back from the UK! Clearly I still remember all the stress I had waiting for my visa and thinking how all this is gonna be and now it's just one of the stories. A nice small stage in my life, with a lot of new experience, new people and adventures.
   I know some people were asking me to write a post about the details and sorry but it's gonna be in Angielski - hope this will be a good chance for Those who do not use it every day - to have some small self-learning :)
   Being Ukrainian always was a kind of a trouble when it comes to visas (if you are Ukrainian, you'll feel my pain). And making visa to the UK - that always sounded like a nightmare! Maybe in fact it was not so complicated, but as we know - fear has large eyes, so it is indeed pain in the neck for all of the non-EU residents to make this work! So, if you want to ask me how I got mine - That I did through my company. But if you want to do it yourself for the first time - feel free to ask me, I spent many hours surfing in the Internet and filling in the papers. I hate the bureaucracy, but well, sometimes we have no choice. 
   Now, London ... If I were to describe my feelings I'd say that moving to London would be like getting married to a nice rich guy, Which you like, respect, feel comfortable with, but there are no emotions like crazy. .. "oh my Goood, I can not breath!" So, London is a city that impresses you with it's scale, with everything that is going on, with fashion stuff, with luxury shops, with amazing parties. But it's not a place where you would spend a romantic weekend wandering around narrow streets (there are NO narrow streets) ... It's not a place, where you can feel comfy and simply happy :) Well, you know what I mean!
   My friends keep asking me if I want to move to the UK. I say - yes, bearing in mind That this "yes" Means sleepless nights, loads of work and a real rat race. I think - yes, it is possible for Ukrainian girl to work in the big office in central London, facing London Bridge from your window, but it can be just an illusion of "cool" life - where a lot of reality is left behind the scenes. You'll be coming early, leaving late, being in a fast environment 24/7, so before saying "yes" it is worth considering all of Those Things. So, 2 minutes ago I was sure I want that kind of life, now I'm in a doubt :)
   
   But London is amazing! Imagine a place where there's everything you can imagine / want to see / to do / to experience! It's London, babe. Unfortunately for me, I was not with my friends there (but yeah I met a lot of people), so I spent much time on my own! But I was never never bored! I forced myself to get up every Saturday early in the morning and go and see and feel London life! Being a kind of person, who can not be lonely - I felt great, having whole day for myself! I usually had a meeting planned in the evening, and until then I was left with a full day to do whatever I want. Notting Hill, Merylebone, Oxford Street shopping, South Kensington, Covent Garden, Borough Market - by the end of winter I got used so much to these places and I was even afraid to come back to a relaxed life Krakow. 
    No, I'm not a fan of museums at all, but even I was kind of impressed by the British National Museum exhibition! And the National Gallery with Monet's and Van Gog's paintings. It's something incredible and this is something worth spending a day of your life! By the way, almost all of the London Museums are free to enter (also V & A, National History, Tate Modern) - Which is a nice surprise :)
   If you're a girl and if you have a chance - go shopping to Selfridges and Harrods.You will spend a lot of money, but well - you will reach the shopping heaven, if dry exists :) Last time I was there, I promised myself - next time I'm leaving with Valentino shoes :) Yes, I think it's nice to have small goals like this one! In late February, when boarding a plane to Frankfurt I knew - I'd come back for Those shoes soon :)
   Go to a party in Soho District :) It May be not the cheapest night out in your life, though :)
   
   And remember - anywhere you go - be a traveler, not a tourist :) 
   And who knows - maybe ia year I'll be writing next post, sitting on the balcony, watching people go back and forth on Gloucester Rd :)
   





















No comments:

Post a Comment