Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Heroes Or Ghosts? North Sea Short Story

"And you know, you know,
It's harder than it looks,
It's harder than it looks
But I know,
It's gonna take a lot of time and a little bit of luck"

@ The Coronas. Heroes Or Ghosts

   It's amazing and scary at the same time - how fast the time flies! And the scenes change at  a speed of light and suddenly, what was important just yesterday - has no meaning today. Of course, there are eternal things - like our inner world - but everything, literally e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g is just a lightning, an impulse of moment. But these moments actually make our life a LIFE, not a living.
   I say it's scary, because when I grew up a little bit (still in the process though) I noticed, that there is no point to be TOO HAPPY or TOO SAD, because same as happiness, same sorrow - can't last forever. It will change. This thought doesn't let me relax to much with my head in clouds, but it also doesn't let me fall down and hurt myself as hard as I used to when I was younger.
   Sometimes I wish I were more careless! Sometimes I wish I trusted people more! Sometimes I wish I believed in fairy-tales! But I don't :)
   But on the contrary - I believe in a strength of moments, that form our life. All these small chances, adventures, travels that life gives us on our way - we must take them and make best out of them, best what we can - because after time passes and things come and go - memories are left, we can put them in small boxes with nice tags and come back to them once in a while - when we are bored or simply if we feel like we need to :)
   My favorite boxes are those with names of places and cities, I know I said that hundreds of times, but travelling is seriously my biggest drug and it is one of the biggest forces that keeps me alive. When I go somewhere for some period of time - I feel like superhuman, I have such a boost of energy, that I can sleep like 3h, wake up at 6a.m. super excited and just do everything-everything I can. And then, at times like now (sitting under the blanket with a tea and head full of thoughts) - opening a small memory box with tag "Ireland" is always a good idea :) And a perfect ending of a day, or rather beginning of new day at 2:00 a.m.

   So, in 2017 I first time in my life saw Winter Sea! I first time in my life saw North Sea. And I really really can't believe that it was just few weeks ago, it was even same month! In my head years and years have passed since the start of the year and it's just 25 days, how crazy is that!
   And so you know, winter sea is beautiful. It's completely different from the sea we are used to go in summer. It's a little bit magic and overwhelming - you can stand on the shore and think of millions of things and at the same time - think about nothing. It gives the feeling of emptiness and fullness. Not sure what wins :) Winter Sea has no emotions - you don't even feel the strong cold. You just feel like there are so many things around, but you don't belong there. It is beautiful, especially at the place where I was, taking into account beautiful landscapes and nature of Ireland (Ireland is so cool, I'm telling you).
    By the way, the place I went to is called Kinsale - small port town in 40 min drive from Cork. It's like that city that you see on the post cards. It's the place, where you smell fish everywhere. It's a place, where you can forget about rush of big city and just relax and see birds flying. I actually regret that I had no chance to go there in summer, I heard that it's super beautiful and loads of people come from all over the world. But on the contrary - thanks to winter, it was empty (perfect place - no tourists place) - so it was some extra charm in it :)
   Now Ireland is behind, but I'm sure very soon I'll be boarding flight Krakow - Dublin. I don't think I'll ever come back to Kinsale though, and this makes this city even more special, knowing that it's not gonna become something usual. Ireland, you were amazing :)
   2017 is going to be a year of open-minding trips (at least I hope soooo very much). February is waiting out there with new places to see and this is beauty of life :)
    Now I can go to sleep and hopefully my dreams will take me far away :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment