Tuesday, November 17, 2015

For Those, Who Are 20-Something

    Being at the age of twenty-something is, probably, the very best and extremely short moment. This is why it needs to be used. This is the time when: 1) you're old enough to be able to make your dreams real and 2) you're not too old to realize some things will never happen.
   This is the time for biggest ups and downs ever, the time when most important life lessons and learned. Well, great time, no doubts.
    So what about the dreams? Today I had a walk with a friend of mine - we were coming back from work and each of us had some small business to do downtown, so we were running near the Opera House and we saw a guy (standing in a gloomy Krakow street, it almost rained and was for sure not-not nice), he was approaching random people in the street, trying to sell something. I personally hate this thing (when anybody wants to sell/ask/give me smth this way) and I behave quite indifferent (not to say rude hehe). We passed him, and Viki told, that this guy is selling his own book and that he can be found at that place quite often and just does marketing this way.
    Well, this may look stupid from first sight, isn't it? I mean, what is the point? What is the chance, that he'd earn real money, doing this? I don't think it makes sense.
    But what if one day, standing like this, looking ridiculous, he'd meet a strange guy - a director, looking for an unusual scenario for a film, or a weird owner of a huge bookstore? What if this director is looking for a story with a strange author's background? What if he signs a contract for next book? Or a film, based on his writing? Can be, this actually CAN happen.
     Maybe this funny guy doesn't have such ambitions (or maybe he has), maybe he just wants to sell two books to someone, who'd feel sorry for him, but at the same time - big things can come.
     We talked about it for a while, then we forgot. But I keep thinking about it. 
    How many people I know with talents, with huge potential, with the ability to do something nice, useful, interesting, something-to-make-them-happy. But they don't really do it. Why? Not because they are lazy. Because they don't believe that trying - is already a first step. They gather all the good ideas in a big black box (called "lost hopes") and put it on the top shelf in the wardrobe, so nobody could get it). When they grow old, they will take it out and look at all those things with a regret, and that will be already a very very sad story.
    Pffff, how many times we'll have to fail before we make it? A lot! How many times someone will laugh, because we tried and failed? A lot! To say I don't care - would be a lie. I care. Everyone cares when fails because it seems like the end of the World. It feels like "I will never be fine again and so on, and so on". Personally when I fail (in anything and it happens not so rarely) - I see my whole life being ruined like a house of cards, every detail in life sucks, no way out, I can continue the list, but I will better stop.
     Of course things move on, and next day brings new people, new chances and life doesn't stop at all. 
    But I still think of this man, selling his book and I start wondering - what is it about? Maybe I'll go and buy it next time :)
    Coming back to inspirations and to the fact, that everyone should do something (!), just a few photos from last weekend in Forum Przestrzenie at a festival of retro staff Kogel Mogel. Just an example of people doing something they like :)













No comments:

Post a Comment